- D finished up his last swim lesson of the year. He has come so far and we were fortunate to have mostly private lessons this fall. He was able to swim the length of the pool on his back and can make it about 2/3's with freestyle. He started working on diving off the side and even jumped off the diving board a few times. We will start back up in February.
- D continues to be passionate about matters of the heart. He told me yesterday he wants to visit a food bank to see what it is like and that we should bring as much food as we can to them. We are going shopping this afternoon for groceries and then I plan to take him this weekend for sort food. I just love his heart and he challenges me to step outside my comfort zone to help others.
- C is very into Christmas and all the festivities. Every time he sees a baby he says "baby Jesus" in the cutest little 2 year old voice I have ever heard. C enjoys opening his advent box each day and reading Christmas stories. He has left the tree alone and all my decorations still seem to be in tact. After lasts year fiasco of getting Santa stuck in the window of my village (and his finger) I decided to move that up high this year.
- C has his first Christmas event at school next week. I wonder if he'll get up and sing on stage. I am giddy with anticipation!
- S and I are preparing for the crazy few months ahead. S's project went well at work and after months of late hours for him we are now enjoying him at home more. S and D love to play the wii together and it gives S an opportunity to act like a 5 year old for a while. Something I think we all need to do from time to time.
- Our family trip to Disney is about 5 weeks away and it is all we talk about here. After our return from Disney, S and I are home for 3 weeks and then we travel to Guatemala for a mission trip with our church. We will be gone 10 days and the anxiety about leaving the boys that long is already starting. I will post more about that trip before we leave.
Thursday, December 10, 2009
More updates
I realize that I am going to have to resort to bullet points from now on. There is just too much going on and blogging takes a back seat to the craziness that resides here.



