C had his first visit to the emergency room on Monday. He got his finger slammed in D's bedroom door. Boys are so much fun! One minute they were playing nice and the next D was trying to shut his door to keep C out. C cried for a few minutes when it first happened and then was calm for the rest of the experience, so calm that he fell asleep while they stitched up his hand. And for those that think I can't keep my cool in these situations (because I usually cannot) I did just fine and was commended by the ER doctors and nurses for my calm demeanor. If you hear D tell the story you would think it happened to him...oh the drama! D was so bad at the hospital with all his crying and carrying on that I had to have the nurse take him into the other room for a while. He felt so bad that he hurt his brother. C is totally fine with it all but I am still tending to D's heart and reminding him it was an accident.
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
C's ER visit and five stitches
C had his first visit to the emergency room on Monday. He got his finger slammed in D's bedroom door. Boys are so much fun! One minute they were playing nice and the next D was trying to shut his door to keep C out. C cried for a few minutes when it first happened and then was calm for the rest of the experience, so calm that he fell asleep while they stitched up his hand. And for those that think I can't keep my cool in these situations (because I usually cannot) I did just fine and was commended by the ER doctors and nurses for my calm demeanor. If you hear D tell the story you would think it happened to him...oh the drama! D was so bad at the hospital with all his crying and carrying on that I had to have the nurse take him into the other room for a while. He felt so bad that he hurt his brother. C is totally fine with it all but I am still tending to D's heart and reminding him it was an accident.



