Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Changes at the Bult house
I feel that the appropriate way to start this post is to take you back a few years...or maybe ten. It was then that I really started praying, I mean praying hard about how God wanted to use me for His Glory. I was twenty five at the time and I vividly remember getting down on my knees, mostly out of desperation, and crying out to the Lord “there has to be more to life then this.” I jokingly called this my quarter life crisis, but soon found out that I was not the only one to go through this phase. Fortunately, I was blessed with great friends, family, and a husband that supported me on my quest to find purpose in my life. And although I am sure they got sick of my repeated need for reassurance, they listened and rallied behind me even when I quit my corporate job to work in a scrapbook store. I quickly realized that I was not going to find happiness in that and I do believe S cheered loudest when I decided to return to the corporate world. God does have a sense of humor after all, but still I prayed daily for God to use me for His good and was convicted that being a tech writer was not what he had in mind. Life took a drastic turn; we became parents, lost a child, and became parents again and again. This is when purpose came into full focus for me. In what feels like months, but for seven years I have committed my life to our family. I have spent my time raising my boys and taking on opportunities to serve and use my God given gifts. I believe above all else that is what God has wanted for me all along. So here I sit writing this post that I thought would come years later, when the boys were both in school all day and I had free time to work part time. Go ahead and laugh out loud, I know you want to, because we never really have free time as mothers. I have prayed passionately since our return from Guatemala about where God wanted me to be and what was the right time for me pursue all the things I want to do to glorify His name. His answer came in a very round about way, doesn’t it always? A few months ago we knew that we needed to make some changes in D’s education. I have been supplementing his education for some time with enrichment and at home work. It is exhausting, but it is what he needs to stay challenged. To make a very long story shorter, we have decided to send him to a private school about 20 minutes from our home. I knew that I was going to have to help off set the cost of tuition, as this was something we never considered or saved for. For the first time in ten years I had to do a resume and actively find something to financially help our family. I do believe in God’s perfect timing and as much as I hate waiting or being quiet enough to hear Him; it is making me into a more patient, faith filled person. I pursued my job search with gusto and the faith that I would find something where I could finally use my degree and my passion to serve. I am so excited about a new opportunity to work in a home for women in crisis pregnancy. The home serves adult women who need a place to live, where they can choose to parent their child and gain a life of self-sufficiency. I will be working part time in the evenings and that means a bit of an adjustment for the boys, S included, but as always he has been my biggest fan during all this. Not in a nut-shell, it never is with me, but you are up to speed on all the changes going on in our lives.



