Friday, November 21, 2008

Eight incredible years

Next week S and I will celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary. I have been reminiscing about our life together and I keep thinking about how much our lives have changed over the years. We met 12 years ago in college and started out as friends. This was when our days were filled with classes and when our dearest friends were within walking distance. Our biggest worry was what bar we were going to party at and if we had enough money to cover a few drinks at .75 well night or penny beer night. During college we figured out that it was more fun to be together than to be apart. I was reminded of this last week when D asked me why I married his daddy. In simple four year old terms, it was because he was fun to be with.

We learned life lessons early in our marriage: that living each day with your best friend is difficult at times, but it is priceless gift, that when times are rough you need to grab hold of each other and not push away, that God does not always give us what we want, he gives us what we need, that we cannot predict the journey and nor should we want to, that to understand each other takes a lot of work (okay, tons of work)-but most of all we learned that prayer and laughter will get us through our darkest days.

Eight years ago I could not have imagined the journey we have been on as husband and wife. Our marriage has been blessed, I have been blessed. Thank you S, for being my partner on this journey, for being an incredible father and a wonderful husband. I Love You.

Every time I hear this song I cry tears of joy. I truly have been blessed.

Blessed

I get kissed by the sun Each morning
Put my feet on a hardwood floor
I get to hear my children laughing
Down the hall through the Bedroom door

Sometimes I sit on my Front porch swing
Just soaking up the day
I think to myself, I think to myself
This world is a beautiful place

I have been blessed
And I feel like I’ve found my way
I thank God for all I’ve been given
At the end of every day

I have been blessed
With so much more than I deserve
To be here with the ones That love me
To love them so much it hurts
I have been blessed

Across a crowded room,
I know you know what I’m thinking
By the way I look at you
And when we’re lying in the quiet
and No words have to be said
I think to myself, I think to myself
This love is a beautiful gift

When I’m singing my kids to sleep
When I feel you holding me
I know I have been blessed