Saturday, June 6, 2009

Oh what a week

Our week started out with a crazy storm that blew through our town. The boys and I were stuck in it and had a large tree branch fall on the van. We made it home safe and thought we had no damage to the van, but I later found a big dent on the top of the driver side door.

We were able to get in some pool time before the rain set in. C would not get in the pool and D is in the "watch this" phase...there is a long summer ahead for me.

The later the week, the better it got. We spent some time with friends at the park and then picked some more strawberries. In the last week I have picked almost 10 lbs, but have put them all to good use. Strawberry cake last weekend and strawberry bread today. I think C ate the other 8 lbs himself. Here are some random pictures of the boys...

D remembered going last year and had so much fun again this year...although he did tell me he was NOT going raspberry picking this year. I guess it hurt his hands too much. I agree!

C was very excited about picking his own berries.

The boys love Curious George, so when we heard he was going to be at Conner Prairie we had to go pay him a visit. C kept calling him a bear and yelling "hug bear"

My serious D with his big smile

My comedian C, who thinks he is a real live potato head.