Sunday, July 19, 2009

A few weeks later

July is just flying by and it is hard to believe that D only has three full weeks of summer vacation left. We have been busy, busy the last few weeks. Here are the highlights:

  • D finished up his last week of camp for the summer "Mad Scientist camp" and loved doing all the experiments. His favorite was the Mento in Pepsi one where he got to see an explosion.
  • Last week I went to the "No Doubt" concert with my dear friend J. We rocked with Gwen Stefani a few rows from the stage. I swear, I once was a semi-cool 21 year old that knew how to have fun and I got to see of glimpse of her at the concert. I had so much fun dancing and spending girl time with my best friend. I felt very old the next morning when my ears where still ringing and my back hurt from standing the whole night, but it was great to feel 21 again for a few hours.

The No Doubt pics are courtesy of J's blog. Thank you J, I had a wonderful time.

  • D and I had VBS all week, we are still trying to catch up on sleep and the Bult house is a bit cranky this morning. It was a great week for D and VBS is always my favorite week of the summer. Something about seeing 500 kids excited to hear God's word, totally inspiring. Grandma Bunny came for a visit to watch C each day so he would not have to spend the week in the church nursery. C is still asking for grandma each day and is going through Bunny withdrawal. Thank you again Bunny, you are the best!

  • Yesterday we had the FTIA family picnic. The weather was beautiful and the boys loved playing at the park, riding the carousal, and playing putt putt. C enjoyed the train museum this year and flirting with all the little Guatemala ladies, I am not sure he said hi to one little boy, but the girls, he was all about them. The highlight for all of us was spending time with C's cousin and his family.