It is no secret that I am a very intense, spirited, and particular individual. I have tried and there is no changing who I am (although a glass of wine helps at times.) It is who God made me to be and over the years I have learned to embrace those qualities and use them for good. No surprise that D is exactly like me and because of that I do have a new appreciation for what my parents went through in raising me. Although, I still claim that I never asked as many questions as D. My degree is in sociology, so the Nature v. Nurture theory has always fascinated me. For those of you that thought the environment might be taking precedent over the natural characteristics of C. Here is proof, that his environment or care giver has nothing to do with his personality. Believe me when I say that I am so very happy that my qualities are having little impact on him.
It was very quiet when I was getting ready this morning. Here is what I found. He very proudly said "Look mommy, a mess. C made a big mess." D's response "wow, that is some mess! I am NOT helping clean that up." It got the best of D though and he helped me sort before we cleaned it up.
Instead of helping to clean up, C laid down in the mess and said "C sleepy, big mess made C sleepy." (and yes he does really talk in the 3rd person)



