We are pretty passionate about politics, government, and history in this house. S and I debate many issues and while I mostly just like to play the devils advocate, we rarely see eye to eye on politics. It is a family joke that we need a McBama sign out front of our house. This has not gone unnoticed by little D. In the past weeks he has been asking many questions about politics and voting. This morning was no different.
So let me set the stage:
This morning D was cuddled in bed with me watching the Today show. I told him I would change the channel to cartoons after I heard the two men talk about the economy.
So begins our conversation:
D: "why do you want to hear McCain mommy"
My response: "I want to hear what each candidate has to say, it is important to be informed when we decide who we want to lead our country"
D: "what difference does it make who leads our country?"
My response: "well honey, it makes a difference depending on how you feel about issues like the economy and war"
D: "what is the economy?"
My response: "how about I change the channel to Super Why!"
D: good idea, you can explain the economy to me after Super Why."
While I did not want to get into a discussion about the management of our countries resources and the state of the economy with him, I guess I can never complain about not having stimulating conversations with my 4 year old.
Luckily, after Super Why and a pop tart he was ready to play Lego's and forgot all about the economy. I wish it were that easy for me:)



