Thursday, December 11, 2008

Blogging Christmas

Is Blogging even a word? Anyway, I have decided to “blog” our Christmas this year. Since most of our family and friends stay connected to us through this blog, I thought it silly to write a “what has happened throughout the year” Christmas letter. Instead of a letter, this year I will be posting my version of the twelve days of Christmas on the blog. Beginning Saturday December 13, I will bring you Day 1. To get you in the spirit I thought I would post some of our holiday traditions and Bult family tidbits.

*Decorating the house (I have about 20 Rubbermaid bins filled with decor)
*D helps fill and wrap a box for Operation Christmas Child
*The kids get a new ornament from us and S and I exchange ornaments for our anniversary each year. Our ornaments to each other are reflective of something significant that happened that year.
*Baby D’s angel ornaments are always the last to be hung on the tree.
*Advent box and Advent reading each day
*Baking Christmas cookies (sugar cookies to decorate, chocolate crinkles and fudge)
*Christmas Eve church service
*Christmas Eve dinner is always crab legs
*Open three gifts on Christmas Eve from mom and dad; these are symbolic of the gifts (gold, frankincense and myrrh) that the three wise men brought to Jesus.

New traditions this year:
*Guatemala Christmas Punch will be served on Christmas Eve
*Advent calendar from D’s school: each day he has a bible reading and something symbolic that he puts on a felt tree. The school made these for all the kids and I think it is the coolest gift.

Bult Christmas tidbits:

*S rules the house around the holidays (I am only the queen from Jan-Nov) therefore we are not aloud to decorate or have anything Christmas related until after Thanksgiving. S loves Christmas more that any man I have ever met and although I tease him about it, I love him for it.

*We love COOKIES: A-chocolate crinkles, D-sugar cookies S-fudge chocolate bars, C-all of them.

* We have 5 nativity sets. Before we were married I mentioned to the Bult Clan that I did not have one, so we received many of them as wedding gifts. I love them all and we have one it each bedroom room and the family room.

*We all own Santa hats and wear them throughout the holidays.

*The kids get new Christmas pajamas on Christmas Eve each year

*D and S love Christmas movies, here are our favorites: D-How the Grinch Stole Christmas, S-White Christmas, A- Christmas Story, and C- Mickey Saves Christmas.