A few days ago we were in the store when D asked for something and I told him no, he said “Christmas is about presents.” The lunatic mom that I am, yelled back “No, Christmas is about the birth of baby Jesus.” I was so shaken by his statement and my response that I have shared it with many people who assured me that my 4 year old was being, well 4. None the less, it has kept me grounded and trying to stay true to the meaning of the holiday. I was having trouble finding a daily Advent devotion that I could commit to each day, until I read the December 10th entry in Sarah Ban Breathnach’s, Simple Abundance. The entry was about how we get caught up in the commotion and craziness of the holidays and lose focus about the true gifts of Christmas. I decided to make my own daily devotion based on her entry. I took the gifts she talked about and broke them down into my version of twelve days of Christmas.
On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me the gift of the Spirit, Unconditional Love.
1 John 4:9 "This is how God showed his love among us, He sent his one and only Son into the world so that we might live through him."



