Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Our 2008 wrap-up

Okay, I said I was not going to do a year end wrap-up, but it helps me reflect on the year, where we were a year ago, how far we've come...yada yada yada. So here goes...We began 2008 with a trip to sunny Florida and the good news that C's adoption was finally complete. Spring brought a trip of a lifetime as we traveled to Guatemala to bring C home to us forever. Much of the summer was spent getting to know our little C and adjusting to life with two very active and different boys. The fall season brought some quality family time with many favorite outdoor activities and a 6 week visit from Grandma Bunny (although S is still in denial of the end result of her visit.) This Christmas season was magical for me and the boys. I saw the true gifts of Christmas through the eyes of D and all the glory of our Savior's birth.

This year will go on record as one of the best and worst all wrapped into one for S and I. It has been a rough year for those close to us, we want so badly to take away their pain, but we know all we can do is to hold them in our hearts and prayers. So, I don't start weeping in my Baily's, I will move onto the best side: all our travels this year were safe, our family is complete, happy and healthy, and we are truly blessed with the love of family and friends. We had three new family members at S's family gathering Christmas Day-two new little boys and one big one (Aunt Saus is engaged and is getting married this spring.)

I pray that 2009 brings peace and joy for all of you and your loved ones.