Friday, January 16, 2009

Why this day is important to us

Look at me...I can jump (this is mid jump)
I am not feeling well today.
I have spots all over and a runny nose. YUK!




Today marks 10 months that C has been with us. It also marks the day, 2 years ago, that we decided to adopt from Guatemala. What a journey, what a blessing!

C is 20 months old. He is our little comedian. He gets excited and laughs at everything. He is a firecracker and you never know when he'll go off. He is starting to put words together, but in no specific order. Today it was "Mo Snow" Which is Elmo, Snow. He loves food and his favorite activity is to run in the house. He got his first time-out this week for pushing D, in the same hour he was put in 3 more times for pushing and then hitting mommy. Oh, this is going to be a fun year....how I love the 2's.

D is almost 5 (this makes my heart hurt) He is off school today due to the cold. He was sad to miss chapel, so he put on his own with a bible story and lesson. His lesson was about how God loves all children both big and small. He acted it out by using a big Lego v. a small Lego and asked interactive questions. His new favorite book is "The good that we should" and we have deep conversations each night about the bible. I call him Pastor D. On a weekly basis he talks about going to South Africa someday to help those that don't have money or toys. Some parents save for college, I think we will be saving for his mission trips and hoping for a scholarship for college. You may think I am kidding...I'm not.

We have been stuck inside due to the cold weather. I ventured out last night for diapers and it took two cups of hot cocoa and about an hour to warm back up. Brrrrr!