Oh wow, it is still hard for me to wrap my heart around my baby turning 5. I thought I was okay until I dropped him off at school that day. With his cupcakes in hand for his classmates, he jumped out of the car and said to his teacher..."I am five today!" followed by an over the shoulder "bye mom!" I pulled away from the car pool line a complete mess. He had a wonderful day complete with his Power Ranger party that night. He is pretty vocal about what he likes...Lego's, Webkins, books, and the Wii and I think he received all those from friends and family. Thank you all for making his 5th birthday a wonderful day for him. Last night he attended his first birthday party for a classmate that was a "drop off" party (meaning I did not have to stay). He was hesitant at first, but did just great (so did I). Today he is on his first school field trip without me. We both had a hard time saying good-bye at school. I so want him to be an independent young man, but I also want to hold on for as long as I can. I hope I am not the mom that will need to peak through the window at school next year. Ha, ha, you know who you are! He does cuddle with his new McQueen blanket at night (that I picked out), which tells me he still needs me just a little bit. This will be a year of firsts for both of us and my guess is he will do just fine tackling each hurdle; I on the other hand have never been good with hurdles.



