Friday, March 20, 2009

Forever Family Day 09

March 20, 2009
We spent our family night with dinner out and ice-cream at home, followed by playing some Mario Olympics on the Wii.
March 20, 2008
Our welcome home gang with a sign from big brother D.


Until C is old enough to understand the relevance of this day, it will be all about ME! For me may be a better way to put it, but let me be real for a second...all about ME! I will always have a void in my heart because of the time I spent apart from C. Not being there the day he was born, trusting that God had greater plans for him, for me, for our family; it took more than I had in me at many points in that journey. Our stay in Guatemala a year ago was filled with such excitement and anxiety that I don't think we took a breath until we went through immigration in Dallas. I can remember saying over and over in my head that afternoon, "he is here, he is really in the U.S." It was only a few short hours later that we arrived home to a greeting of family and friends at the airport. There are few moments forever still in my mind and heart, walking through the airport and seeing my mom with D and my three dearest friends that night is one of them. We celebrate today as C's forever family day, because this is the day that our family of four was brought together for the first time. Tonight we will celebrate our two boys, the journey as parents, and the trust that our God has given us to be parents to His Children.