Sunday, July 6, 2008

The 4th Weekend

We spent the weekend with my family up north. On the 4th we went to the parade with Bapa J and Grandma L. Both boys were looking so darn cute sitting on the curb, holding their American flags, and watching the parade. I turned on the camera to capture the cuteness and the no battery light comes on. Bummer!

Here are the weekend highlights:

  • We had a cookout at Bapa's house and then we're off to Ghig's for more 4th festivities. The boys had fun playing with their cousins. C had more fun eating than anything. If I ate everything he ate this weekend I would have gained 5 lbs. This kid can EAT!

  • Thanks to Aunt L and Uncle D, the "big" cousins all received Cub shirts. I think they are the most adorable fans. Little C was showered with clothes as well. This was the first time some of the family met C and he was putting on the charm as usual.

  • Saturday mom and I took the boys to Lake Geneva. This was one of my favorite summer spots as a child and I could not wait to share it with my boys. We started the morning with a boat ride around the lake. D loved it and Bunny enjoyed answering all his questions while I tried to entertain C, who was less than impressed with the ride. We had lunch at Popeye's where again C ate everything in sight. We hit the "Life is Good" store that our family friends recently opened and ended the day with some ice cream.
  • S spent the day at Summerfest with family and friends. He had a blast, but was very tired/hungover today.
  • It was a wonderful weekend that ended with a visit to Portillo's for lunch before we left town today.

  • C-not a great traveler! He was so glad to be out of the car after our long trip. He could not decide what to play with first!