Thursday, July 31, 2008

misc updates

  • I forgot to give an update last week about C's cousin. We met his adoptive family (well his mom and sister) They were in town for a concert and we met for dinner. It was so good to finally meet them and here about N. His file has been submitted to the U.S. Embassy in Guat, so they should travel in the next two weeks to pick him up. His 1st birthday is tomorrow and I know it will be hard for them to be away from him on the special day. We hope to make the 2 hour drive to meet N in a few weeks. I know that N will have no clue who C or any of us are, but I will forever have their first meeting in the U.S.A on film for them.
  • Walking...or lack of anyway. C is taking steps, a few more each day. I was so sure that he would just take off, but walking seems to scare him a bit. It is funny to us because he is a dare devil about everything else (diving off the couch, jumping head first into the pool, climbing bookcases and chairs) I guess as long as his feet don't touch the ground he is brave.
  • Our dog Dolly, is not doing so well. She turned 12 the beginning of July and each day it becomes more clear that she will probably not be with us another year. Dolly came to live with us in February of 2003. We were looking for a beagle and our friends needed a home for Dolly to help their son who had allergies. Dolly helped get me through the hardest year of my life and laid in bed with me during 5 months of bed rest. She was my walking partner to help me lose my weight after D. Talk about a best friend. While we wish we had more time for her now, it is hard when two children demand all your time.