D came down this morning yelling, "mommy, look outside at the Dawson tree, it is turning a pretty color of red." And boy is he correct, the tree is turning early this year and it is gorgeous. We were given that tree by some dear friends after Dawson passed away and the boys call it Dawson's tree. No doubt it is our favorite tree in the yard. The change of seasons from summer to fall is my favorite because of the vibrant reminder of God's work here on earth. I see his work every moment of every day, sometimes in subtle ways and sometimes it smacks me clear in the face. Of course, today is no different than most and I needed God to smack me in the face with reality. I can always count on my sentimental D. He was the first to bring to my attention the significance of the day by running down the stairs proclaiming his finding of the tree color this morning. I am sadly realizing that as the years quickly pass, this day is becoming just another day for us. A busy day caring for two crazy boys who need to get to school, eat lunch, take naps, get picked up from school, taken to choir practice, who need clean clothes and book bags packed and on and on it goes. I am thankful for peaceful moments in my day, and so in this quiet moment while D is at school and C is asleep I am looking out at the Dawson tree, remembering my sweet Angel in Heaven.
Happy Birthday my Angel.



