Monday, May 26, 2008

Our weekend

It seems like all we did this weekend was run errands. I am trying very hard to group errands together and only go out when I have to. My stomach hurts every time I turn on the car as I can just see the money flying out the window. I have always been one to just jump in the car and go get what I want, but oh those times are changing. Friday I switched D's pre-school for next year to one closer to home. Driving 20 minutes each way three times a week just does not seem like a good plan anymore.


Sunday we went to the Fort to celebrate our nephews 3rd birthday. D had so much fun driving/riding the gator and playing with L. They are finally at the age where they play together and I just love watching them interact. L will be a big brother this fall and hopefully there will be a little sister to join this mix of boys.


I was supposed to paint our porch this weekend, but time (and laziness) got in the way. Maybe next weekend....I have been saying that for two years now. I think S will do cartwheels when I finally paint it, boy wouldn't that be a sight.


Today we went to the cemetery. We did not make it out on Mother's day due to rain and since S was home today I wanted to go as a family. D wanted to take a planet hero to put on his big brother's grave site, but once we explained that it would blow away and he would not get it back he changed his mind. Sweet thought though. As we were leaving they were handing out free ice cream. D said as we were pulling away "ice cream is a weird thing to get at the cemetery....I have to agree, but it was good. After that we went to the Mexican grocery store near by. It was a very odd thing to do on Memorial day, but I really needed to find these green tomatoes to make this Guatemalan dish for dinner tonight. I was so excited to finally make the green salsa. I grilled lime chicken and poured the salsa over it....yummy! I also discovered that I love guacamole. I am not sure why I never liked it before, tonight it was awesome.
And the best part of the weekend. I finally got the family shot I have been trying to get for the past two months. Thank you aunt saus!