So I should have mentioned that D's camp theme this week is the circus. When I went to sign him up a few months ago the dino camp we wanted was already filled up. I read off the options to D: cooking camp, splash camp, and circus camp. He said no to splash camp (he did not want to be wet all week) he said no to cooking camp (he did not want to cook all week) and then there was circus camp which excited him. This was much to my dismay (I do not like the circus and have a real fear of clowns) sorry Bapa R. Yesterday they started small, with some circus crafts and games. Today it was face painting and cotton candy ice cream. When I picked D up I noticed that all the kids had their face's painted except D. I asked why and his response "I did not want paint on my face, that just seems silly." And then there was the ice cream. He told his counselor that he could not have it because of the food dye (it was blue). They were very nice and gave him a cookie instead. Poor guy, he seemed fine about it though. Of course I felt bad for him so we stopped for ice cream on the way home. Despite it all, he was very excited when I picked him up today and loved playing pin the nose on the clown.



