Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My boy is back!


About a month ago S and I were at a loss on what to do with this guy. He is very intense, persistent, and sensitive to put it mildly. C entering his world was shattering for him and it really had us worried. His jealousy and aggression towards C would bring me to tears and I just wanted to be able to help him with his emotions. Finally, I think my boy is back! I have seen such improvement with his behaviors and attitude over the past few weeks. He has developed a great deal of patience for C wanting to play with his stuff and is just all around gentler with C. So life with C has become better for him, but now we are moving onto other issues (of course). He has developed a fear of storms and is convinced that our house will float away in a flood. He thinks that every toilet will overflow when you flush it. And an oldie, but still a very real fear for him, his stuff going down the bathtub drain. See a theme here...anyone care to analyze his water issues? He seems to worry about small things which has me concerned. I know, I know....the apple does not fall far from the tree. Ha Ha. I love this picture of him taken today at the sprinkler park. He had so much fun running back and forth filling up buckets of water for C.