D and his friend helping us pick strawberries.
All tired out after a morning in the hot sun.
D found a bug in the house so he decided tomake a bug catcher. This is what he made!
D and his buddy L at the park enjoying a water break.
D acting silly with puppets at the nature center.Rain, Hot, Humid, Rain, Hot, Humid...keep repeating! What happened to June and July, I feel like it is August.
Monday the pool was closed so we slipped and slided in the back yard, it was so hot that I had to join in. Monday night I saw the Sex in the City movie. I hate to say it, but I loved it! I think on Tuesday it rained. Wednesday rain again, we went to the mall and shopped the Gap. D needed flip flops and new cool underwear (he has to be the only 4 year old that is picky about what is on his bottom.) Thursday we picked strawberries in 90 degree weather, but had tons of fun. Later that afternoon we went to the pool. C has no fear and tried to drink the pool. D was made for the water and this should be a great summer for him at the pool. Friday we met my best friend since high school at a park so our boys could play. Again it was in the 90's. It was great spending time with her and the kids. She lives about an hour away, but we only get to see each other a few times a year. Last night I went scrapbooking and S took the boys to a birthday party at Gymboree. They both had a blast and I am pretty sure S did too. All I keep hearing about from S is Gymboree this, Gymboree that. All our plans were rained out today, so we made up a scavenger hunt for D at the grocery store. His surprise at the end was a cookie from the bakery. I hope it is always that easy to entertain the boys on a rainy day. This afternoon D helped me make a strawberry pie and ice cream sandwhiches. Summer food is the best!



