Thursday, August 6, 2009

More of summer

We hit another splash park earlier this week. The boys were having a great time until D stepped on something and got a stinger in his toe. Wow, that was some drama. All eyes were on us and I would have thought it a little embarrassing, but honestly I would have reacted the same way he did. There is no doubt that he takes after me in the drama dept.


This was before the stinger got him.
C was more into the water thing this time.
And yes, even mommies will get wet.
I set up a summer reading incentive program for D. He had to read a book or do 10 site word flash cards on his own to earn a reading ticket. At 10 tickets he could turn it in for a prize. He picked a Bionical Lego set. I have been saying all summer that one day reading would just "click" with D and it did. Last week he only had 4 tickets (since we started in May) and he earned the other 6 in the last three days. He kept at it until he could get his ticket. Way to go little man, mommy is so very proud.
C loves to play in the sand box, but mommy does not let bear play.
I told C to put bear away, he said "no, bear swing" NICE!

S's company picnic was at Conner Prairie this year.
D and I enjoyed the balloon ride.
You can almost see downtown, we were 375 feet up.

D enjoyed the horse ride as much as C.

This guy LOVED his first pony ride.

C trying to run away from me at Touch a Truck.
He is one fast guy and very much dislikes his stroller. Not fun for me!

I tried to take this picture for Bapa Ron,
but neither boy really wanted to cooperate.