Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Small packages
Last month I submitted a form to the government requesting all the documents associated with C's adoption. A little background-When we entered the U.S. with C, we handed over an unopened folder of documents to the immigration officer. I have been curious for 17 months as to what was in that folder....and today we found out. About half way through this stack of papers was a sheet with all his birth information and attached were two pictures of his birth mom and a picture of him at just a few hours or day old. My guess is that they took the picture before they brought him to his foster family which was when he was one day old. It is maybe a 2x2 picture, but it does not matter to me. It is just the tiniest, sweetest picture I have ever seen. (I can say that and not get in trouble because D never had a tiny picture, being born over 9 lbs there was nothing tiny about him.) We also received a few new pictures of C with his birth mom and second foster mother, as well as some medical info we had never seen. What a great gift!



